Recently there was an incident of Shallow Water Blackout during a high school swim practice.
A student from the Benjamin Upper School in Palm Beach, Florida, Robert Rubin, tells his story on the the PharBlog...
"Less than a week ago, I witnessed teammate have a shallow water blackout during swim practice. It was a very alarming and terrifying experience, but thanks to quick response by coaches, fellow swimmers, and first responders, the person who suffered the blackout survived without any permanent damage. However, …."
We thank you, Robert, for helping to raise awareness and prevent more senseless tragedies.